Monday, April 6, 2009

lil louis love


I purchased the book, To My Sweetheart by Louis Cannizzaro, at the Scottsdale Museum of Art the day before Valentine's day.

I. Fell. In. Love.

This artist/poet is spectacular. I read my lil book 4 or 5 times that night...pretty sure a tear or two fell...and I tried to order all of his other books online (had a hard time with that and still don't have them). I will forever be enthralled by his lovely visions and simple prose. I hope you enjoy it too. See some selections in his online gallery here.


This reminds me of the first summer My Guy and I spent together. It was in Flagstaff. We lived in a tiny studio dorm room (not enough space to do sit ups, no kitchen, questionable bathroom.) We were broke as hell...summer jobs weren't paying out the dough we would have liked. No money for fancy Friday nights. It was, however, full of morning hikes and free afternoon golf. Our evenings were spent attending the community movies on the square, happy hour at the Boardwalk, or playing tennis under the campus flood lights. God. That was a great summer.



I miss My Guy a lot right now. I wish he was here to explore the northwest with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment