Monday, March 16, 2009

blossom

this polaroid beauty was found at mypolaroidblog

If you don't live in the Southwest I don't know if you can really appreciate the wonderment of the orange blossom. (ummm...yes I make up words like 'wonderment').

I wouldn't say that the West has a "pleasant" odor - the monsoons at the end of summer leaves the damp rain smell that I love, and the creosote tends to smell rather yummy a few days out of the year. When the summer grass is switched out for winter grass, an awesome manure scent lingers for weeks (yucky). But other than that, aromas are rare.

However, during this particular time of year all I want to do is inhale as deeply as I can. My mission is to suck the sweet nectar lingering in the air into my lungs. It's wonderfully intoxicating. I love when the orange trees blossom.

No comments:

Post a Comment