Tuesday, March 9, 2010

butterfly wings


Wow. That's really all I can say....I've never seen such a thing...and I can't stop looking at them.

These earrings are MADE FROM BUTTERFLY WINGS! I know...crazy beautiful right? They are handmade by artisans in Peru, from butterflies that have died naturally in butterfly farms...

"Not only does this provide needed income for the farmers and silversmiths, but also helps prevent deforestation by offering alternative income in the amazon, and education about delicate ecosystems, creating sustainability and helping preserve wild butterfly populations."

Go check out the delightful handmade lovelies at Seven Hopes United, a globally involved fair trade market.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! You had me confused on this at first! All I could think was "For a girl who is so eco friendly I wouldn't have thought she'd be into this!" but then I saw the part about the butterflies dying naturally and that made me feel better. I want to go and find out more about this, thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are incredible. Must curb spending.

    ReplyDelete