Monday, June 1, 2009

new camera?!



My Guy and I set out this weekend determined to find me a new camera. My current camera is a Canon Elph SD200...and it doesn't work so I can't really call it "my current camera." It loses it's charge after four pictures or so. I love the quality of the picture that it takes, I just have to fight with it to work, and lately it won't even hold the charge for more than one photo. FRUSTRATING!

We were at the store for a little over an hour and these two cameras were our faves...the pricetags, however, were not so much my faves. With all the expenses of life these days I decided to give my lil Elph another try and bought a new battery for $20 (thanks to a giftcard! wahoo!). Cross your fingers that this solution will last me another year - in 13 more months I'll actually have a job!

4 comments:

  1. sounds like my struggle to keep internet access going on my laptop. ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a new Canon Powershot 10.0-Megapixel digital camera from Best Buy... It works great and provides best quality pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decide on your pixel quality and then look for deals from Amazon. I have a 5 megapixel Casio Exlim -which has an amazing shutter speed and takes pretty decent shots in lower lighting. My man has a 6 megapixel Canon powershot, which switches very easily from still to movie and has a much more portable battery recharger. Obviously, neither one is new, but unless I'm taking shots that I want to enlarge about 11x17, the quality is great. Honestly, I love the reviews on Amazon - things like shutterspeed and light quality you don't really get to experience at best buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear by Fuji! Fuji FinePix F50 (12 mega pixels) is my second Fuji digital point and shoot, and I LOVE it! The first one served me very well for 4 years until it died drowning in vintage port (not too shabby, huh?). Then, I got the second one for my birthday 2 years ago, and I still enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete