Friday, November 5, 2010

toy portraits



With a little one on the way in our household, my thoughts revolve around babies and kiddos and my own childhood.  (I can't help it!)  So you can imagine the size of my smile when I saw these precious commissioned custom toy portraits.  Oh how I love this.  The artist, Jennifer Maher, paints these little treasures for as low as $60 for a 5x7!!  Hello amazing Christmas gift!!  Check out her website here.

I actually didn't grow up with a stuffed animal that comforted me when I went to bed - I had a soft yellow "blanky" that I was rather smitten with.   My husband had a little stuffed dog - PupPup.  I've met little PupPup - I think he was either missing an eye or missing an ear, and has been hugged within an inch of his life as he longer has any "stuffing" to help keep his shape.   But PupPup is just perfect.   I love that Tommy's mother kept  him all these years.

Did you have a favorite childhood toy? 




3 comments:

  1. When I was three I had a thing for Toto from the Wizard of OZ and when my mom's friend send me a little stuffed dog for my birthday what do you think he got named? Haha. I love that dog, I still have him, and always will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely.

    I had a crocheted kitty my grandma made (and I named him...Kitty). I dragged him around by his tail which is now nearly dettached. He's had several repairs and he's lost his yarn whiskers but he is very dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read my comment after I posted and wondered...yam whiskers? What the hell are YAM whiskers? Usually the problem is poor typing. This time the problem is a serif-less font and poor vision. It does indeed say YARN whiskers.

    I love my Kitty.

    ReplyDelete