Friday, May 1, 2009

flower

Image from www.digitaljournal.com

I never play video games. Never. I sorta hate 'em. I think the last game I played with any sort of thrill was Super Mario Brothers when I was 10. (I have played Wii a couple times...bowling, skiing...yep...that's it). Then I came across this description of a video game that I actually have a burning desire to get my hands on. (yes, I'm serious):

"Flower" is even hard to explain... but I'll give it a go. It's a short game you can download from the Playstation Network for $9.99 (i.e., don't look for it on Amazon.com or in stores). You play as ... well, sort of as a gust of wind. You steer by tilting the controller, and the object is to bring a barren landscape back to life by hitting a series of targets shaped like flowers. When you hit a target, you hear a musical note; hit lots in a row and the game becomes almost symphonic. The graphics in "Flower" are stunning, and once you get used to the controls, it's an almost giddily good ride. It's unlike anything else I've ever played, and it's both exhilarating and oddly soothing.

So - the point is to grow "stunning" flowers, all while creating to symphonic tones? And it's both exhilarating and soothing? this sounds like the most amazing game in the world. Sign me up.

Happy May Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment