Wednesday, May 20, 2009

easel envy

Self portrait with easel - Vincent van Gogh, 1888

I paint. Not well or anything, I was never trained in it...but I do it. I've given pieces away to family and friends for gifts and I painted a few small scaled pieces for the bedroom. I own nothing fancy, no easel, cheap brushes, have no idea how to stretch my own canvas, and buy my paints in small painters kits...I'm pretty much a poser. Whatever. I love it.

My little sister painted once in college for a class assignment. This must have been 4 years ago now. Yet, this Friday she comes home toting a huge brand new painter's easel, and a large beautiful painter's supply kit. She said she feels like taking up painting so she went and bought everything she needs to do so.

I'm just venting because I'm jealous.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun hobby. My cousin paints the most beautiful scenes...and I've always wanted to try my hand at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go get the goods!

    ReplyDelete