Tuesday, December 28, 2010

easy as pie


I was going through some of my pictures on my camera and came across these little beauties.  Tommy and I made an apple pie this past fall with apples we plucked from the local orchards.  Neither of us had ever made a pie before, and we couldn't BELIEVE how easy it was.  It literally took us 10 minutes to put it all together.  And.  It.  Was.  Yum.

I should have made one for the holidays...but I didn't.  Maybe next year.

Mom's Easy Apple Pie (from cooks.com)
7-8 baking apples, peeled and sliced
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
Mix in bowl the cinnamon, flour and nutmeg. Place crust in pan, add apples and sugar mixture. Dot with butter. Cover with top pie crust. Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until done.


No comments:

Post a Comment