Sunday, May 24, 2009

thrifting in sun city

This past week I worked in a neurology research clinic in Sun City, Arizona. Quite a drive from my downtown digs. A lil information about Sun City = it's more or less a retirement community, with a population that nearly triples in size during the winter months with Snow Birds (our term for people escaping the snow in their homestates!).

During lunch I went thrifting. You would not believe the NUMBER of thrift stores out there. Seriously. There were four within three minutes of my clinic!! So I went in a couple. I spent $7 and bought 11 Disney classic VHS tapes, and a few other lil goodies. The stuff that really blew my mind was the incredible assortment of rad vintage china plates! I like the idea of doing something quirky like this using funky vintage pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment